Friday, January 25, 2013

In the matter of Curves ... (Reflections over my body)



Paul Gauguin Painting (La vie ET la mort) 

After the daily morning shower I look at the mirror. I wash away vapor with my bare hands. I pluck my thick eyebrows. I sneeze; I gargle and glide my finger tips over my neck. I push them back at the corner of my eyes and I slightly stretch outward the flesh. Do I look like Japanese now? I just want to make those fine lines disappear and I promise I won’t complain. I snatch my messy head and I find 3 white hairs. Grrrrrrrrrrr, no not now. I slap my cheeks to wake up; I smile and say “I love myself as I am”. 
In front of the closet, I stand while water drops off my body. My skin spread soap aroma in the room that makes me blush. I stare at all those displayed unworn dresses and unfitting skirts and I think how they never give me consolation when I need them the most. On my left, I look to another bigger mirror. I consult my naked figure. I breathe in my round tummy. I touch my flappy sides and rub my cellulite. My curves do not intimidate me. I am sort of pear sculpture like the 18th century nude paintings. I wrap myself in the towel like a spring flower. I go drop my mass weight over the floor. The carpet scratches against my feet and send ticklish waves that reaches my ears. I look opposite to the window and understand the fact that I am not timeless, am prone to wrinkles. My hair would turn grey, my teeth might fall and my sight would fade. I draw a smile coz I know I would still love myself by then... 



No comments: